How To Activate Cell Broadcast on My Phone
With cell broadcast service, mobile operators can send informative message to users in a particular area.
Once the mobile operator send out the broadcast message, its only the users who have activated their cell broadcast on their phone will receive the message.
To Activate Cell Broadcast
Each mobile phone has its own of activating cell broadcast. So here, I will show you how to activate cell broadcast on Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung
To Activate Cell Broadcast on Nokia 1280, 1200, 3210 and 5110
Follow these steps:
I. Go to Menu>Setting>Display settings>Cell info display-ON>
II. Settings>Information services>Topics>Add>Topic number – 50>Topic name – discount.
III. Once you have switched on cell broadcast, return to home screen to see cell broadcast message: for example MTN Zone 10k/s
To Activate Cell Broadcast on Nokia E71/E72
1) Go To Menu > Ctrl Panel > Settings >Phone > Network > Cell info dispaly> On.
2) Open Messaging > Options > Settings> Cell broadcast > Reception
3) Select “On”
To Activate Cell Broadcast on Blackberry
Follow these Steps
- In the device options, click Advanced Options.
- Click Cell Broadcast Settings.
- Change the Cell Broadcasting Service field to On.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- If a cell broadcast channel appears on the screen, select the check box beside the channel.
- If a cell broadcast channel does not appear on the screen, highlight the Empty field. Click the trackwheel. Click Add Channel. Type the channel ID and a nickname. Click OK.
- Select the check box beside a language.
- Click Enable.
- Click the trackwheel.
- Click Save.
To turn off cell broadcasting, change the Cell Broadcasting Service field to Off. Before you turn off cell broadcasting, verify that your wireless service provider does not use cell broadcasting to manage services, such as preferred rates, based on your location.
To Activate Cell Broadcast on Samsung
Follow these Steps
- Go to “Text Messages”
- Select “Received” then select
- Select “Enable” then OK
- Select “Channel List” then select
- Input the channel ID then OK
- Enter a any name under “Channel Title” then OK